It’s exciting to travel to Europe and other countries in Europe and one can easily day dream about going from one train to another and stopping at different countries like Milan, Paris, Barcelona and other countries in Europe.
Getting different visa to these countries is hectic and very stressful and one begin to put off the urge to travel to these countries but this problem has been solved by the introduction of Schengen Visa. I know you will be wondering what is Schengen Visa, and how To Apply For Your Schengen Visa From Nigeria? A Schengen Visa is a travel documents that enables you to travel freely to more than one countries in Europe.
That is with this travel document you can have free access to other countries in Europe. These countries are selected countries within Europe. If you want to have a vacation, business trip or honey moon in more than one countries in Europe, you don’t need to apply for different visas, all you need is a Schengen Visa and you can hop from one train to another to various countries, you can also take flight. If you are traveling from one country to another, you will need an airport transit visa
The good thing is that this Schengen Visa is available to Nigerians. There are 26 countries that this Visa covers. This includes: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sloviakia, Sweden, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR SCHENGEN VISA
- A completed Schengen application form Valid passport.
- 2 passport photographs
- Bank statements for the past three months,
- Bank details Confirmed
- Hotel reservation for your choice of country
- Medical Insurance Confirmed
- Round trip flight reservation Evidence of a need to return back to Nigeria
- Employment details of the last three months
Proof of financial means
- Proof of paid visa fee
- Employment contract (for employees)
- Leave permission from the employer (for employees)
- Income tax return (ITR) form deducted at source of salary (for employees)
- A copy of your business license (for self employed)
- Company bank statement of the last six months (self employed)
- Income tax return (for self employed)
- Proof of enrollment (for students)
- No objection letter from school or university (for students)
- Spouse’s valid passport (for married to a EU citizens)
- An official marriage certificate
- Flight ticket for the final country you are traveling to
- Affidavit of support (in case one does not have a bank account or enough financial support, one must ask the visiting relatives for an affidavit of support)
- Travel Itinerary (description of the trip, purpose of the trip, personal date and so on)
- Letter of invitations (this is given by the relatives or friends in the Schengen country).
TYPES OF SCHENGEN VISA
Airport transit visa: This is required when traveling through an airport situated at the Schengen area.
Short term visa: This is valid up to 90 days.
There are various types of short term visa ranging from business, medical treatment, religious purpose, to sport completion, conference and so on.
Limited territory visa Here, the person is allowed to travel within the countries the visa has been issued to. You will not be allowed to travel to other countries outside the specified countries in your visa. This visa is usually issued in emergency cases.
Long term visa This visa is applicable to people who intend to reunite with their family members who resides in one of the Schengen country or those who get employment in the SCHENGEN country.
This SCHENGEN visa is valid for 90 days of travel. You may also apply for a long term visa if you are going to be reunited with your family living in one of the Schengen country or if you have been given a job in the Schengen area. You can download your Schengen Visa form and print it out.
Make sure you have all the documents you need before submitting it to the country of your choice.
VFS GLOBAL has been authorized by the Schengen embassies to handle and oversee all Schengen application forms in Nigeria After submitting your application form to VHS global, you will still need to appear at the embassy of your choice in person, participate in the biometric finger print.
A Schengen Visa can take up to three months to process. You will be notified when your visa is approved through email or SMS. You can pick it up personally or it can be sent through courier service to you.
Your original receipt of payment will be demanded when you go for collection and also proof of identity. This also applies to those who are receiving their visa through courier, ensure that your receipt of payment, proof of identity is ready at your doorstep. The price of a Schengen Visa is about #24,820 for 90 days travel tour. After payment there is no refund even if your application is rejected